Frequently asked questions
- Do I have to bring my own linens?
All linens are provided. back to top
- Is there a laundry facility on the premises?
There is a front loading washer and dryer that is at your disposal. back to top
- Is there a ski boat or a fishing boat available at the house?
No, however, we do provide a complimentary pedal boat that seats four to explore the lake with.
If you are looking for a motorized boat you are able to rent various types of boats at Gainesville Marina, which is nearby, for a modest cost. You can contact Gainesville Marina at: www.gainesvillemarina.com, 770.536-2171. Their address is: 2145 Old Dawsonville Hwy. Gainesville, GA 30501. It is a 10-15 min drive from the house. There is a covered dock with a party deck on it that you are welcome to use on the property. back to top
- Is there an age limit on renting the vacation house on Lake Lanier?
Renters must be a minimum of 25 years old. back to top
- Is there a maximum number of people that can stay in the house?
Yes. 14. There is bedding space for all 14. (2 are on a pull-out couch) back to top
- Do you rent year round?
Yes! back to top
- Is your pool heated?
No, however the hot tub/spa is heated year round. back to top
- Do I have to put down a deposit and is it refundable?
We require a $49 non refundable insurance policy to be taken out through CSA Travel. Please contact us for further information. back to top
- What kind of groups is Sunset Summit vacation rental house best suited for?
This property is very versatile with five bedrooms and 4.5 baths. There are two king master bedroom suites, a queen bedroom, and two additional bedrooms with a total of seven twin beds. We have rented to multi-generational families, athletes, groups of friends, and single-family vacations. We also have the ability to convert four of the twin beds into two additional king beds to suit groups with five to six couples that don't need the twin bed capacity. back to top
- What is the property close to?
This home is located within a 15 minute drive of downtown Gainesville. There are also many more attractions and interesting places within a close proximity. Below is a short list of some of the cool places we've discovered so far: NEARBY ATTRACTIONS (within 30 minutes)
-Don Carter State Park (1,316 acres) - Directly across the lake
- Chateau Elan (golf and winery resort)
- Alpine Village of Helen
- Historic Dahlonega, GA
- Dahlonega Gold Museum
- Downtown Gainesville
- Clarks Bridge Olympic Rowing Venue
- Francis Meadows Water Park
- INK, Fun for Kids
- Elachee Nature Center
- Northeast Georgia History Center
- Mt. Yonah
- Chattahoochee River
- North Georgia Premium Outlets
- Quinlan Visual Arts Center
- Longstreet Society
- The Oaks Miniature Golf
- Chattahoochee Golf & Country Club
- Cabbage Patch Kids / Babyland General Hospital
- Smithgall Woods State Park
- Mountain Fresh Creamery
- Jaemor Farms (farmers market) back to top
- Are there any good restaurants close by?
Yes there are a lot of locally owned restaurants that are great. The list below contains a few good ones within 20 minutes' drive of Sunset Summit. The restaurants in Gainesville are closest, followed by Oakwood and Flowery Branch, and Buford being the furthest. However, Aqua Terra and 37 Main are great for a fantastic meal and live music in the charming historic city of Buford.
1) 37 Main - 37 E. Main Street, Buford 770 614-7197
2) Aqua Terra Restaurant - 55 E. Main Street, Buford 770 271-3000
3) El Maguey Mexican Restaurant - 2888 Browns Bridge Road, Gainesville
4) Longstreet Cafe - 1043 Riverside Terrace, Gainesville 770 287-0820
5) Loretta's Country Cooking - 4305 Mundy Mill, Oakwood 770 532-0370
6) Monkey Barrel - 115 Washington Street, Gainesville 770 287-0970
7) Third Coast Grille - 5713 Holiday Road, Buford 770 614-9508
8) Two Dog Cafe - 317 Spring Street, Gainesville 770 287-8384
9) The Quarterdeck (formerly Up the Creek) - 6334 Mitchell Street,
Flowery Branch - 770 967-8660 back to top
- Besides the lake, is there any other recreational activities in the area?
There a lot of things to do in the area including hiking in the North Georgia Mountains. There are also a few venues that are great to visit as noted below:
1) Lake Lanier Islands Beach and Water Park - 7000 Holiday Road, Lake Lanier Islands - 770 840-lake
2) Lake Lanier Islands Harbor Landing (boating) - 7000 Holiday Road, Lake Lanier Islands - 770 932-7255
3) Lake Lanier Islands Equestrian Center - 7000 Holiday Road, Lake Lanier Islands - 770 932-7233
4) Oaks Miniature Golf - 3709 Whiting Road, Gainesville - 770 534-4386
5) Lanier Canoe and Kayak Olympic Facility - 3105 Clarks Bridge Road, Gainesville - 770 287-7888
6) Lanier Speedway - One Raceway Drive, Braselton - 770 967-8600
7) Chateau Elan - Winery and golf resort - 100 Rue Charlemagne Dr, Braselton, GA 30517 - 678-425-0900 back to top